To request funding, please fill out the form below. Some things to keep in mind before requesting funds:
- The maximum allocation for any single event, outlined in the 2016 grant, is Euro 2.500 (approximately $2,800, depending on the currency conversion). For a series of events, sponsored by a single alumnus/a, the maximum amount allocated per event is $1,500.
- These events should incorporate German/European/Transatlantic programming. Events simply incorporating a German/European-themed venue or German/European-themed food/drink – without a minimal programmatic structure – will still be considered, but events with a more substantive programmatic structure will be prioritized. Events incorporating programming outside the German/European/Transatlantic relationship will also be considered.
- Some sample events that would be worthy of funding include, but are not limited to: a book reading, lecture series, round table, symposia, film screening, art exhibit/installation, attendance at creative performances such as an orchestra concert or dance performance, museum visit, guest speaker, architectural tour, or other intra-alumni program or activity deemed appropriate by the Committee.
- Applicants may allocate a portion of their budget towards the fees and/or travel costs of guest speakers or experts in their fields to participate in an event. However, the RFBAA is not able to reimburse personal expenses of the organizers themselves (travel, hotel, etc.). Important to note: only those expenditures outlined in the approved budget will be reimbursed.
- Applicants whose event would provide access to the widest audience, or create an opportunity for the RBFAA to increase its visibility in areas where the fellowship program is not currently active, will be looked upon favorably.
- Priority will be given to an application for an event in an area where none has yet taken place in that year. If no other applications create this conflict, two applications in the same area can be given consideration.
- All alumni of the Robert Bosch Foundation Fellowship Program are eligible to apply for funding; however, priority may be given to dues-paying members.
- The Alumni Coordinator may apply for funds on behalf of the RBFAA only if collaborating with a member of the RBFAA. Written confirmation of collaboration must be submitted with the Fund Request Form.
- If an alumnus has any outstanding financial obligations to the Robert Bosch Stiftung he/she is ineligible to apply for funding.
- The deadline to apply for funding in 2017 is November 15.
To request funding, please complete the funding request form below. If you have any questions, or would like to discuss your idea beforehand, please contact Alumni Coordinator Scarlett Pinsker at or Regional Events Chair Emily Olman at .